Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Simplified maintenance: Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner simplify maintenance.
- Excellent fuel mileage: 13 mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Simple operation: Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and no-stall easy takeoffs.
- Quiet & efficient: Muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Strength & compliance: High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Great suspension: Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 87 mm (3.4 inches) of suspension travel.
- Well-damped travel: Single-shock rear suspension provides 70 mm (2.8 inches) of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- Light & powerful rear brakes: Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Excellent traction: Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Optimum rider comfort: Front suspension spring and damping rates calibrated for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- Inspired bodywork: CRF-R-inspired bodywork.
- Easy mobility for young riders: Narrow seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 548 mm (21.6 inches) seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Parental speed governor: Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Secure against unauthorized use: Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Additional protection: Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- Controls designed for young riders: Small-size control levers enhance young rider comfort and confidence.
- Tough & lightweight: Polyethylene fuel tank is tough and lightweight, just like the bigger CRFs.
- Simplified maintenance: Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
- Secure footing: Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Air-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 49 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 39 mm x 41.4 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 2-valve
- Fuel Delivery: Single 13 mm piston-valve carb
- Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
- Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/37T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic fork; 87 mm (3.4 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 70 mm (2.8 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: Front: 2.50 - 10 Rear: 2.50 - 10
- Brakes: Front drum; Rear drum
- Ground Clearance: 146 mm (5.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 548 mm (21.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 911 mm (35.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 50 kg (111 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 L, including 0.7-L reserve
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: 6 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.