The world's lightest 4-stroke outboard with world-class fuel economy, the BF2.3 is ideal for tenders, small fishing boats or as auxiliary power. Quiet and simple to run with its automatic clutch, it also gives you incredible versatility and convenience thanks to the Shallow-Water Drive, Fold-Down Tiller Handle and Integrated Fuel Tank.
Performance and Efficiency
- Four-Stroke Engine Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability with no oil-gasoline mixing.
- Centrifugal Clutch: Honda's centrifugal clutch facilitates the running of the engine at idle, with no propeller rotation, for tight navigation or just idling at the dock.
- Lightweight, Compact Design: Easily transportable, this little outboard is ideal for small boats, dinghies and canoes. Lightweight 4-stroke design and is the only 4-stroke in the 2.3-hp class.
- Transistorized Ignition: Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starting.
Reliability and Durability
- Forced-Air Cooled Engine: No water pump to worry about being plugged with weeds or damaged by sand, and less weight to carry.
- Emergency Stop Switch and Lanyard: Standard safety feature allows the operator to clip the safety switch lanyard or tether to his or her wrist, which will automatically activate the engine stop switch if the operator leaves the helm.
- Shallow-Water Drive: Reduces the risk of engine damage while navigating in shallow water.
- Sacrificial Anode: A sacrificial anode mounted on the lower unit protects other metal components from corrosion.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards in the industry are backed by the best warranty in the business, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- 360º Degree Swivel Steering: Provides excellent manoeuvrability in tight areas.
- Integral Fuel Tank: Facilitates easy removal and portability as one unit. Vent may be closed for transport or extended storage periods.
- Carburetor Drain Screw: Allows quick and easy draining of the carburetor's float bowl for transport or extended storage periods.
- Twist Grip Throttle with Friction Adjuster: Allows for superior throttle control, and the throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- Large Front-Mounted Carrying Handle: Provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- Fold-Down Tiller Handle: A more compact design allows for easy transportation and storage.
- Type: 4-Stroke, OHV; 1 Cylinder / 2 Valves
- Displacement: 57 cc / 3.5 cu.in.
- Bore & Stroke: 45 mm x 36 mm (1.77 x 1.42 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP): 2.3 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: Transistorized Magneto Ignition
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, above propeller
- Lubrication: Forced splash
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 0.25 L(0.22 Imp. qt.)
- Trim Range: 4-Stage 5 deg.-10 deg.-15 deg.-20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 75 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.42:1
- Gear Shift: F & N - 360 deg. Swivel Steering
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 285 mm / 11.2 in.
- Transom Height (L-Type): 572 mm / 22.5 in.
- Propeller Type: 3-Blade (Polymer)
- Propeller Diameter x Pitch (L-Type): 184 mm x 120 mm / 7-1/4 x 4-3/4 in.
- LCHC-Type: 14.3 kg / 31.5 lb. (With propeller mounted)
Honda outboard motors are power rated in accordance with NMMA procedures using the ICOMIA standard 28/23.
Value does not include freight, pdi and applicable taxes.